[teacherartexchange] Mosaic tile- Tree of Paradise

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 10:55:15 PDT

I have recently become interested in Jewish Roman
Mosaic Tile projects. The Tree of Paradise exhibition
of the Brooklyn Museum of Art will be coming to our
local Dayton Art Institute. Have any of you had any
experience with the Tree of Paradise imagery? I was
wondering about how many cultures use the Tree of Life
or Paradise within their art. Recently in Ireland I
purchased a card from ancient Celtic tradition on the
Tree of Life. From the written literature it appears
that they used this imagery prior to their Chritian
era as well as after in Ireland.
Susan in Ohio (On the beach in NJ)