RE: [teacherartexchange] panic... and it's only July

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 11:15:24 PDT

Don't think these have been mentioned yet-

Joseph Cornell is a great artist for inspiring creative sculpture boxes.
Students could bring their own things in for filling their boxes.

Ready-mades a la Marcel DuChamp- make them take an everyday item and change
their perspective of that item.

Robert Rauschenburg's "Combines" would be another great inspiration for
assemblage.

As you can see, I am big on art history. Our high school teacher did not
believe in teaching about ANY artists, so I was the student's only source of
that knowledge. He just retired, so hopefully, that will change!

Hope that helped a little.

Denise Pannell

Apache Kids'Art now online!

http://natepannell.memory-of.com/
"There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. Ghandi"