RE: [teacherartexchange] panic... and it's only July

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 03:41:33 PDT

Get out the caulk gun (buy one at the hardware store), Caulk glues
everything, and start looking at the world differently. Go to recycling
centers and ask if you can take some of their stuff. It's a treasure trove
out there. Go to moving companies and ask if you can have some of their
boxes. Ask around if there are any construction sites/workers that you know,
some of their castoffs are really cool. Think Louis Nevelson. Think Joseph
Cornell, think Robert Rauschenberg, think Marisol, think Picasso, think
Duchamp.

One of the coolest projects my kids did was to do self portraits using boxes
(a la Marisol) of them free standing, which you can then group together in
various ways a la George Segal.

reverse your problem and make it a challenge. Ask yourself if I had the
luxury of working in alternative materials that cost next to nothing, what
would I work in?

San D

On 7/5/07, Julie <picturejbd6@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My schedule and medium is totally changing for the coming 2007-2008 and
I'm