[teacherartexchange] Permissions

---------

From: ginny (wings_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 03:00:37 PDT

I've just returned from a delightful trip to France. I took many photos
of the art in my favorite museums. Since I took the photos, do I own the
images and can post them on line or use them as I see fit? Or since the
photos are of work owned by museums, I can't? I do expect to use them in
Power Points in class. In Egypt we weren't allowed to take photos of
some things (in the Cairo Museum and some tombs and temples), because,
we were told, the museum owned the items and the museum wanted to
benefit from their reproductions and images. I want to be sure. Thanks
for any assistance.

Ginny Rockwood
Brattleboro Area Middle School
Brattleboro, VT