Re: [teacherartexchange] panic... and it's only July

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 19:45:45 PDT

Julie,

Cardboard constructions based on Calder designs: free
standing sculptures of mobiles.

Cardboard construction overlayed with papermache to
create mask, animals.

Using cut sticks/branches to create animals. There is
an artist I just saw that created horses using
branches and wired them together. I used the same
principle and make them table size using
hotglue/string and wire.

Instead of using clay maybe use plaster and carve it.
Pour your plaster into small plastic paint cups, pop
it out and do a relief carving on it then paint it and
use it as it is or roll printing ink over it and print
it. Or pour the plaster into larger cups pop it out
carve it and have them create piece simular to Aztec,
Mayan, Egyptian statues.

Found object/recyclable sculptures.

Stuffed paper sculptures. Japanese fish kit patterns.

Jeff (Minnesota)