Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] panic... and it's only July

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 18:28:03 PDT

Recycled art?

Tape sculptures (can be pricey but you can get tape donated if you
live near a packing plant that will donate leftover rolls)

Wood scrap art a la Louise Nevelson?

Soft sculpture (if you have sewing machines or patience for hand-stitching)

Inflatables (like warhol's "silver clouds")

On 7/5/07, Julie <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> My schedule and medium is totally changing for the coming 2007-2008 and I'm
> not sure where to begin and with what!
> I used to teach clay to 7th and 8th graders in a 20-day rotation with some
> extra 3-D projects thrown in to keep me and my students interested.
> This year my schedule will change to an A, B, C schedule with the same 7th
> and 8th graders. My classes will now be an hour long and I will see the
> same kids every three days for a 60-day period. I probably won't have clay
> to work with (budget cuts) and for my single gender classes (one male, one
> female I will be incorporating Core Knowledge Curriculum. I love teaching
> 3-D but will be limited on materials. Any suggestions please?!
> Thank you. Julie
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to