[teacherartexchange] Big brother is watching

---------

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 07:12:16 PDT

Speakng of being watched, the latest in Google is their maps. I was shown
by a friend an option on Google where you pull up a map and there are
certain areas that you can go to where the map zooms in so close that you
have an image just like you are standing on the street, of the front door of
a building, you can see people coming out of doors, license plate numbers on
cars, and you can rotate your view 360 degrees. Its amazingly clear. It's
not in real time. There is no way of knowing when the image was taken, but
you certainly can recognize faces. I had no idea you could zoom in that
close on a Google map! There is quite a flack going on about invasion of
privacy.
Pam