Re: [teacherartexchange] Responses re Supreme Court Ruling? RACE

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 06:14:10 PDT

I'm fortunate to live in a liberal university town and
have usually reasonable students... Am MUCH more
concerned about the "racial diversity" ruling, aka
pro-segregation. Schools are ALREADY terribly
segregated - this decision endorses that and more.
The differences between a mostly white, mostly
minority, and diverse school in my community are
staggering. I have extensive teaching experiences in
all three. I, students, colleagues, administrators,
parents - all thrive in the diverse setting and suffer
otherwise. Is anyone else reeling from this decision?

 wendy
www.wendypaigefree.com