Re: [teacherartexchange] Dr. Ph. Martin's

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 14:33:09 PDT

Jane,
        I use to paint with Luma Inks - they work just like Dr. Martins. I
used small
white trays as pallets. Just think of them as highly concentrated
liquid watercolors.
That's really what they are. A small drop of yellow near a small drop
of blue can be
mixed to create various greens. If you use basic color theory and
play with the mixing
it will become clear. They are very concentrated and a small bottle
last a long time.
I used small trays from Le Menu frozen dinners for pallets. The only
real problem is
that they stain and do not lift as many tube pigments do.
        In Lumas I was careful to only use the inks that were permanent
(light fast).
Luma had a chart to tell you which ones were light fast. These inks
are used by
commercial artists who will have their work photographed for
reproduction and
could care less if the colors on the original art fades away. You
might want your dad
to check on which pigments are fugitive and which are light fast.
                                Woody
http://www.dixieart.com/FineArts/Dr_Ph_Martins_Liquid_Hydrus_Chart.html

On Jun 28, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Jane wrote:

> My Dad has been so excited to get these watercolors - he's a really
> seasoned regular watercolorist. He got them and is totally
> disappointed because he doesn't know how to use them. Does anyone
> know of a tutorial he can use or any info that will get him
> started? Thanks, Jane
>
> By the way, Marten, thank you so much for the great ceramics info.
> I've been occupied for days doing research that you have lead me to.

> teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html

Read my Blog at
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog/June07.html#NewestEntry

Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan