Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] table coverings for clay

Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 11:43:18 PDT

I make them ahead of time. Every student gets one. If they are dry, they are
very useful for drying out clay from a recycle bucket. If they are soaked in
water until the water stays on the surface and no longer absorbs, they provide
a nice humid environment(when enclosed in a plastic bag) for keeping
work-in-progress wet, and clay will not stick to the plaster. Students store
work from day to day on the bat wrapped in a plastic bag.

> In a message dated 7/29/2006 9:01:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cwise writes:
> "Don't most of us use plaster bats under work
> in progress?"
> So, do you make these ahead of time or have each student make one...just fill
> pie pans with plaster of paris? How long do you soak them before placing
> projects on them?
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

This message was sent using REMC7 Webmail.

To unsubscribe go to