RE: [teacherartexchange] pre-assesment?

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 10:47:27 PDT

Hi Chris,
Wow, you could be describing some of my 7th graders back when I was in
the art classroom! I was amazed that some of them didn't know how to
measure with a ruler or draw a straight line between two tick marks on a
paper! So, don't assume anything!

Sorry I don't have a pre-assessment for you - hope someone else does.
How about if you plan a series of small, quick fun activities that let
you find out what the kids know. One, two, measure your shoe, three,
four, draw a straight line on the floor! (in water based marker).

-Alix
18 years of 7th grade art, now a techno-geek teaching teachers