[teacherartexchange] Pre-School/Pre-K Activities

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 05:23:32 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Some of you might be new to Kindergarten/Pre-K this year.
I suggest you make the lessons comprehensive - tie in some music/song,
dance/movement/drama to make the lessons more meaningful. You might
also want to talk to the classroom teacher and do your lessons
interdisciplinary with what they are doing in the classroom (what
theme or letter are they working on?)

Here is a site that was suggested in Riverdeep Newsletter (they listed
the theme Water): Art Activity Place
http://123child.com/act/
This site is divided by common themes. It is a stretch to call many of
the activities "art". There are some good ideas though that you could
develop into an art lesson.

Riverdeep also listed an activity from MaryAnn Kohl's Good Earth Art.
See many art activites from her books:
http://www.brightring.com/Fun%20Activities.html

Happy Planning,

Judy Decker