Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 28, 2006

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 06:07:11 PDT

We use SOCS as our district web server, and we use their software. It is
SUPER easy to use, and all teachers can work directly on their own page. If
you are familiar with web authoring and you find it difficult, then your
non-techies will not use it at all. I'm not sure if your web authoring kit
is online or not - there are several programs out there that are super easy
to use that create web pages, but the trick is uploading and making that
page live. That is why we went with SOCS (that plus the different levels of
management - my students can work on their pages, but until I click the
"approve" button their pages will not go 'live"). You might ask for an
inservice day where the tech person in your school shows you how to use the
program - there may be some trick to starting that you are unaware. Then you
can ask your questions and voice your concerns. We have blocked blogging
sites in my district, so that would not work for us.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids