Re: [teacherartexchange] Using Technology in Art

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 11:24:03 PDT

> -Do you teach art using a desk top, lap top, Smart Board (interactive
> whiteboard)or any other touch sensitive surface?
     *** I use my Bluetooth Wacom tablet. My laptop is hooked to a large TV
using an AverKey. Sometimes I hook it up to the projector if I can track it
down (ours is on a cart and is usually in somebody's classroom)

> -If you do not use technology to teach art, will you consider doing so?
> *** NA

> -For teaching purposes, do you have access to a desk top, lap top or Smart
> Board

        *** We currently do not have a Smart Board in the district, but my
Bluetooth Wacom tablet has the ability to be interactive using Smart Board
software (free download) and is highly interactive. And, it was only $200!

> -Do you have a budget to buy supplies/teaching aids (including software)?

     *** Sometimes you have to be creative in your search for funds. I
have an Elmo only because I teach IDL classes (distance learning). My
digital camera and video recorder were purchased through PTO. My
scanner/color printer was purchased through an art fundraiser. Software was
requisitioned through grant money.

> -Would you spend your own money to buy cool software to help you teach
> art?

     *** Sadly, I do! I usually buy it first to play with for my personal
use and then get it for school!

> -Are you comfortable with the product pricing we discussed above?

     *** The price is definatley enticing. I would like to see some screen
captures to have a better understanding of what it does.

> -In purchasing the software we plan on offering a rebate. Customers can
> either accept it in the form of a cash rebate or customer contribution to
> an
> existing global non profit focused on helping children gain access to the
> arts. Is
> the non profit idea something you would choose?

    *** No, since I do spend my own money on classroom stuff I would ask for
the cash rebate.

~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids