Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Using Technology in Art

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 10:01:25 PDT

This would be of great use in the Minnesota Art
Standard Analysis. This is the one are teachers are
struggling the most with. The ability to have
students examine a work of art using close
observational tools is fantastic. Minnesota has their
state wide Art Education Conference in Novemeber and
we are always looking for Venders and Presenters. I
am on the state council. If you go to this is our Art
Organization Website and you can download conference
presentation forms. You have a great idea.

Jeff Pridie

--- wrote:

> Jeff- hope this answers some of your questions.
> Thank you for inquiring and for your invaluable
> input...jen
> the software should run on Mac OS 8.5-9.x and also
> Mac OS X, Windows 98, 2000, Me, XP;
> - general purpose tools (SmArt Tools) would allow
> teaching (ideally with a computer projector, even
> better with the SmartBoard) of any aspect of Art
> Education, from Art History, Cultural Art, to
> Elements and Principles of Design.. you can think
> of these tools as PowerPoint designed specifically
> for Art Education. Thus, it is mostly a teacher's
> tool, designed to allow an art teacher to deliver
> sophisticated lesson plans on any topic... the
> software comes with an example lesson plan that
> illustrates its potential uses;
> - specialized tools would allow an art teacher to
> create interactive, exploratory environments for
> students. An example is a 'context sensitive
> magnifying glass' -- it would allow close inspection
> (using a magnifying glass) of any (digitized) work
> of art and, depending on the detail being examined,
> will deliver either a voice commentary (recorded by
> the teacher), or explanatory text. Possible use
> would include creating a hands-on exercise, where
> students examine by themselves different works of
> art and, based on their own exploration, have to
> write an essay, answer specific questions, etc.
> - the software is compatible with National/State Art
> Standards as long as lesson plans and interactive
> exercises are designed (by the art teacher) with
> these standards in mind
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Do You Yahoo!?