[teacherartexchange] Of interest on Getty site - lesson planning - exhibits

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 07:29:24 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know this has been posted before - since we have many new members I
thought I would post it again...... This was recommended in Riverdeep
Newsletter.

Grade by Grade Guide on Building Visual Arts Lessons:
http://www.getty.edu/education/for_teachers/building_lessons/guide.html

You will also find a lesson plan template that is easy to adapt.
The Elements of Art section is missing Value.

This lesson Look Again has possibilities:
http://www.getty.edu/education/for_teachers/trippack/activity_post_lookagain.html
Might be good for journal activity.

I also subscribe to the Getty e-News. This Rubens and Brueghel
Collaboration may be of interest to you:
http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/rubens_brueghel/homepage.html
"Renowned artists and close friends, Peter Paul Rubens and Jan
Brueghel the Elder created more than 20 paintings together. The two
artists lived near one another, visited each other's studios, and may
have even carried panels back and forth to one another through the
streets of Antwerp."

Rubens and His Printmakers may interest you as well:
http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/rubens_printmakers/index.html?newsletter056

Enjoy the surf.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department