RE: [teacherartexchange] Using Technology in Art

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 07:29:12 PDT

-Do you teach art using a desk top, lap top, Smart Board (interactive
whiteboard)or any other touch sensitive surface?
I have a computer and a projector that I have to check out of the library.
I definately want a Smart Board and have had the rep come demonstrate one to
me but no funding......
-If you do not use technology to teach art, will you consider doing so?
Absolutely. I see this as the way teaching will be happening in the
future.
-For teaching purposes, do you have access to a desk top, lap top or Smart
Board
(interactive white board)?
see answer above
-Do you have a budget to buy supplies/teaching aids (including software)?
All of my budget currently is used for consumables. There is no money
available for teaching aids
-Would you spend your own money to buy cool software to help you teach art?
Yes. But I probably wouldn't invest in this until I have a Smart Board
-Are you comfortable with the product pricing we discussed above?
Yes
-In purchasing the software we plan on offering a rebate. Customers can
either
accept it in the form of a cash rebate or customer contribution to an
existing
global non profit focused on helping children gain access to the arts. Is
the
non profit idea something you would choose?
I would probably take the rebate and use that money to buy something else
for my classroom.
Hope this helps.
Cindy