Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] tough schedule

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 07:25:06 PDT

My K-2 classes are back to back, 20 min. each, with dismissal at the end of
the day as well. There just is NO other time in MY schedule to have them
longer. Since I have those 3 classes in one hour I keep the mediums
similiar. If one paints they all paint, just because I have the paint
supplies all set out on the tables and the watery mess everywhere anyways. I
have large plastic tubs that hold scissors, glue, sharpies, markers,
crayons, and colored pencils, so for the most part I put the tubs on the
tables to manage most supplies. I will say that when I was on my cart only
one class painted per day because of cleanup issues. Course I don't paint or
do clay the first month until I have disciple firmly down. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids