Re:[teacherartexchange] table coverings and plywood boards

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 05:54:15 PDT

The plywood boards probably would warp if you washed
them each time, but I prefer to leave them alone. In
order to clean them, I simply scrape the clay residue
off them into a recycle bin, thereby avoiding getting
the clay boards wet in the first place. The small
amounts of water or slip that gets on the boards
during construction doesn't seem to cause warping. I
also have enough extras that I can reuse any boards
that decide not to cooperate with my master plan!
Keep in mind that I am an elementary art teacher, and
ceramics is not a full-time endeavor in my classroom,
so secondary pottery teachers may approach this
problem differently.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

www.artguyvilenski.com