Re: [teacherartexchange] table coverings for clay

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 19:21:18 PDT

I have used the boards and I recommend using tempered Masonite boards...they are
smooth and won't leave a texture. They do not warp. However, you do need to
keep them clean. I recommend keeping them small around 8 x 10 so you can
easily get them in a sink to clean. Dust, though is still a problem. These
boards are portable and the clay doesn't stick, unless the student uses way too
much water...which is a common problem. You can get Masonite boards that are
rough on one side and tempered on the other...these are cheaper. I prefer the
1/4 inch thick board...these don't warp. They are more expensive though. If
you get them 14 x 20 you can use them as drawing boards, too. However, you
have to have big sink. It is very important to keep down the dust and keep the
boards clean.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Quoting StacieMich@aol.com: