Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] table coverings for clay

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 19:21:18 PDT

I have used the boards and I recommend using tempered Masonite boards...they are
smooth and won't leave a texture. They do not warp. However, you do need to
keep them clean. I recommend keeping them small around 8 x 10 so you can
easily get them in a sink to clean. Dust, though is still a problem. These
boards are portable and the clay doesn't stick, unless the student uses way too
much water...which is a common problem. You can get Masonite boards that are
rough on one side and tempered on the other...these are cheaper. I prefer the
1/4 inch thick board...these don't warp. They are more expensive though. If
you get them 14 x 20 you can use them as drawing boards, too. However, you
have to have big sink. It is very important to keep down the dust and keep the
boards clean.

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
> In a message dated 7/27/2006 8:30:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jvilenski
> writes:
> Instead, I use 6x6 plywood or masonite boards
> for individual projects, the type of boards sold for
> craft projects.
> Do the boards warp?
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to