Re: [teacherartexchange] Using Technology in Art

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 16:21:37 PDT

Wow, great idea.

Would be nice to see interactive art software to be
developed for the classroom and student use.

I use a stand alone computer in my classroom and
computer lab with students in my art classroom. We
have been using EMacs (Lab) and I have a G4 Mac in my
classroom. This year the lab has been changed over to
Dell computers.

On the computer students do research for art projects,
explore interactive museum sites, look at other
schools art links, read articles and use production
software like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Frontpage,
IMovie etc. Students also use interactive Art DVD's.

What type of computer would your software run on?

The question I would ask about your software is what
purpose does it serve. Is it a production software, a
reinforcement software. Is it to be used for the
understanding of Art History, Cultural Art, Elements
and Principles of Design. Does the software help
teachers, students align themselves to the National
Art Standards/State Art Standards. Does the software
take into consideration all the different learning
styles and offer students choices? Can the software
be used at different grade levels? Can the level of
the software be altered by the user? Offering a
student a challenge is important.

The price is reasonable and I think affordable.

Will be interesting to see what you come up with in
the end.

Jeff Pridie