Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Guggenheim Study Suggests Arts Education Benefits Literacy Skills (New York Times)

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 10:36:43 PDT

This was a good article and I plan to use some aspects of the study
during my upcoming six-week language arts subbing gig. I've been
thinking of some ways to "sneak" art into the curriculum. BTW, I
recently passed the state's English proficiency exam, so I'm considered
"highly qualified" by NCLB standards to teach language arts.

I'm always a bit leery about putting my e-mail address on unsecured
online forms no matter what the privacy policy; I think spambots can
capture it and then inundate you. You may be able to access this
article through your local library, which is what I did. As a member I
can access its databases and get complete articles for free from
jillions of newspapers and magazines.

Judy Decker wrote:

> Dear Art Educators,
> This article appeared in New York Times. You will need to subscribe to
> access the article on line. Subscription is FREE (online).

To unsubscribe go to