Re: [teacherartexchange] Teaching Art at 4 Ele. Schools

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 14:41:05 PDT

Hi Sara - the district where I student taught had a similar setup. The
teacher teaches at two schools per semester, with each class having art for
45 min. per week twice a week, with kinders once per week. She does not have
6th grade. What I would do when trying to figure out a schedule is to try to
do as many full days as possible, with possibly a half day in each school
one day if this is feasible. To figure actual scheduling I would probably
look at how many classes per grade there are, so I would know if there were
2 first grades, 3 second grades, etc. and then try to see how you can fit
them all in within the alloted time frame. As for budget - I would want
basic supplies in each building - scissors, glue, markers, etc. - which you
would only need to set up two schools at a time, being able to move the
supplies to the other two schools (which would protect them from
"borrowers"). Materials such as reproductions, specialty supplies that are
rarely used - those could easily be transported. When I started my program I
actually had 2 elementary schools, and I "shared" scissors, glue, etc and it
was a HUGE pain, so I got to where each school had their own stock. It also
helps if you have locking cabinets in each school. Good luck!!!
~Michal