[teacherartexchange] Teaching Art at 4 Ele. Schools

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 13:50:28 PDT

Suggestions welcome

I am talking to a School District in North Carolina that has not had Art in
the Elementary before- there is no Ele. Art Curriculum written.

I don't know the schedule for PE.

In the past the Music Teacher taught

Grade K -2 for 30 minute classes

Grade 3-5 for 40 minute classes

School populations for 2005-2006 for PK-5 was

1. 115

2. 132

3. 159

4. 226

This school year they will add grade 6

The largest school has two teachers for each grade

Test scores are 89% to 81%

They have one Music Teacher for the four Ele. Schools.

The Music Teacher has taught at two Ele. Schools for 9 weeks at a time then
taught 9 weeks at two different Ele. Schools.

The Art Teacher would share a room with the Music Teacher at 3 schools.

They want to hire an Art Teacher to teach at all four schools.

The district is unsure what the art budget will be.

They want someone to develop the program and give them Ideas for:

Teaching schedule at the four schools

What supplies will be needed

Art class time

Plus

I was thinking it would be best to have 2 schools for one semester at a
time.

Thanks for your ideas

Sara S