Re: [teacherartexchange] Flooring issues

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 11:40:50 PDT

Miriam,

I have both types of floors in my room, linoleum and
concrete. The concrete floor is in the back of my
room and they clean it during the summer and seal it.
It is very easy to clean. The linoleum is pretty easy
clean up to. The draw back of the linoleum is once it
is sealed it has can get sticky if the humity is high,
chairs and tables can stick at that point. If you can
have your janitors sweep every day and mop it once or
twice a week it is a very clean environment. I cannot
imagine an art room with carpet. We are in the
process of looking at building a new school and I have
been asked what kind of floor I would want and I told
them a concrete floor with drains.

P.S. buy shoes that have good soles in them as
concrete can wear and tear on your heals.

Jeff Pridie (Minnesota)

--- Miriam Tobola <Miriam.Tobola@sendit.nodak.edu>