Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] first time planning curriculum for elementary

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 09:42:24 PDT

Hi Kelly (and All),
    My first question is at what type of school are you teaching, and in
what state ??
If you are writing curriculum... do a lot of internet research. If your
school has no previous Art curriculum, there are so very many curriculums
floating out there for you to use as a guideline. Take advantage of someone
else's footwork, and don' try to reinvent the wheel.
Look to the National Visual Art standards and your state Visual Art
 links to all national Arts standards, if you want Visual Arts select that
from the pull down menu
scroll down to state Art organizations to find your state

Search Google for the grade level you need ideas for i.e.: "Kindergarten
Art Curriculum" or "Kindergarten Art Lesson".
I always Google first, then ask the list second :)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

To unsubscribe go to