Re: [teacherartexchange] first time planning curriculum for elementary

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 09:42:24 PDT

Hi Kelly (and All),
    My first question is at what type of school are you teaching, and in
what state ??
If you are writing curriculum... do a lot of internet research. If your
school has no previous Art curriculum, there are so very many curriculums
floating out there for you to use as a guideline. Take advantage of someone
else's footwork, and don' try to reinvent the wheel.
Look to the National Visual Art standards and your state Visual Art
standards.
http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/teach/standards.cfm
 links to all national Arts standards, if you want Visual Arts select that
from the pull down menu
http://www.naea-reston.org/research_artsorgs.html
scroll down to state Art organizations to find your state

Search Google for the grade level you need ideas for i.e.: "Kindergarten
Art Curriculum" or "Kindergarten Art Lesson".
I always Google first, then ask the list second :)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)