[teacherartexchange] Flooring issues

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 09:30:42 PDT

My school is in the process of changing the flooring in the art room. This
was originally a regular classroom and was converted into the art room
about five years ago. Unfortunately, it was a carpeted room. So the
administration decided it was time to replace the flooring.

In May, the carpet was pulled up and we discovered the carpet had been
glued directly to the concrete floor. After removing the carpet, the floor
was left with a complete covering of glue.

The administration, janitors and local flooring guy can't agree on what to
do next. Should we tile, put down linoleum, sand all the glue off and just
seal the concrete? The flooring guy was attempting to sand it yesterday,
but the sander got gummed up every five minutes and kept blowing fuses.

I'm hoping to get some feedback from list members on what flooring you
have in your art rooms, what works for easy clean up?

Thanks! -Miriam in North Dakota