[teacherartexchange] first time planning curriculum for elementary

---------

From: Kelly Rebecky (krebecky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 08:34:07 PDT

I am starting a new job in a few weeks and am having trouble
organizing units for K-4. Last year I taught middle school and am
elated to be teaching elementary. However, I am having trouble
organizing and deciding which lessons should be designated for what
grade.

I have limited experience with elem. students, from my year long
internship (k-12), but NONE with Kindergarten. I don't know how BASIC
to make the Kindergarten lessons.

Also, I am trying to follow thems for units. Currently I am trying to
do the same theme for each grade for the most part, but different
lessons for each grade. Is that a good idea? I want to be able to use
some of them for next year and am trying to ensure that the second
graders I have this year will still be interested and engaged in the
lessons next year, even if the themes are the same.

I will meet with each class once a week for about 45 minutes.
HELP! Any suggestions are welcome!

Kelly