Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 24, 2006

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 13:44:46 PDT

RE: clay tool storage
How about buying those plastic pencil storage boxers to hold clay tools.
K=Mart and Walmart run specials on them before school opens. In the past I
have gotten them for 50 cents apiece.

Don't forget dental floss for cutting clay. It works as well as those wire
cutters you buy (that break all too soon).
I put buckets of soapy water on students tables toward the end of class to
prewash their hands so less clay goes to the trap. If students are pressed
for time, clay tools go in here also to soak and be rinsed later.
Heidi in VA

On 7/25/06 ....