[teacherartexchange] Design Web site - downloadable posters

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 08:20:20 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Rebecca B. posted this to Art Education list:
http://www.baddesignkills.com/

In the Propaganda section, you will find some posters to download and
print off for your graphic design students. Here are some of the
posters Rebecca posted:
PRACTICE SAFE DESIGN, ALWAYS USE A CONCEPT and TURN YOUR COMPUTER
ON----That one has a graphic of a brain with a computer mouse
attached. Another is a large graphic of pencil with a broken computer
mouse wound around it and the large type reads: SAVE
YOURSELF---SKETCH.

There was a real situation where bad design killed. In the Dusseldorf
Airport fire of 1996, 17 people died and many were injured. They
couldn't find their way out to safety because the signs where so
poorly designed. Signs were confusing even when not under stress.

I will be adding a link to this on Incredible Art Resources.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/