Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Clay tips/Stacie

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 20:44:56 PDT

Talk to Marvin Bartel about how to manage dust. Last year I remember we had an
extensive discussion on the list about ways to keep dust down to a mangeable
level. I recall Marvin had some very good suggestions. He also has a web
site, but I don't know what it could talk to Judy about it.

> In a message dated 7/24/2006 1:38:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marcia writes:
> Stacie,
> Here are some ideas for clay projects/management.
> This is what I do with the middle school
> level/elementary level, but I bet it would help with
> the high school level too.
> thanks for the great tips Marcia, especially the vinegar one.  This just
> happened at the camp.  Some kids broke pieces off of their greenware bird
> projects, and the teacher told them that nothing could be done.  Good to know
> that
> there might be a solution after all!  They use canvas at the camp, and it
> works
> well.  I was just wondering about washing it.  Do you hose it down every so
> often or do you actually wash it?  I'm worried about ruining my washer at
> home,
> but I know how important it is to keep the room as dust free as possible.
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to
To unsubscribe go to