Re: [teacherartexchange] Ceramic Room Tips

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 11:59:05 PDT

Hi Stacie,

You have received some good advice already....

My high school students liked having tool kits. I put needed tools in
cigar boxes and numbered them. Students were assigned a number.
Students who were assigned the box (I think I had two students per
tool box) kept track of the tools -an inventory was taped to the top
of the box so they could check to see if all of their tools were
there. Rarely were tools lost. You can also number each tool so you
know what box it belongs in if it is left out.

I had separate boxes for tools that I didn't have enough to go around
for everyone (like the fine ribbon wire tools). Students signed the
box out when needed.

I had 6" putty knives that students used to scrape off the canvas
boards. Plastic ones are cheap.

Best wishes,

Judy Decker