Re: [teacherartexchange] Using paint in a travelling situation

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 08:52:37 PDT

What I have done for several years is I got a dozen cups with lids (I
purchased them from SAX because I wanted that specific size, but any would
do). I then fill them with water, snap the lids on them, and put them in a
plastic storage tub. When it's time to paint I put one cup in between two
students for them to share. This eliminates the need for toting water
around, I "reward" students by allowing them to dump the dirty water and
replace it with clean, and if the cups spill en route the water goes into
the larger tub. When we paint, because no matter what system you use,
without a sink painting takes organization - I have the students paint from
light to dark, so anything they want yellow gets painted first. Blue,
purple, and black are last. This keeps the water cleaner longer. I have a
picture on my site that shows the water setup @
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artcart.html .

~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher