RE: [teacherartexchange] Art II and block scheduling.....help!

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 16:04:01 PDT

"i did not have these kids during their art 1 so i have no idea what they
already
know. i plan on giving them some sort of questionnaire to find out."

I was out flea marketing with my art colleague today and we were laughing
about what kids know from class to class. Don't be surprised if the kids in
Art II have developed amnesia. My friend said her Drawing and Painting
Classes were weak this past particularly with color mixing. She laughed
because she had them all for the beginning class and she taught them all how
to mix colors! We have to remember that we only see our students for x
amount of time each day, and then they have to switch their brains to
another discipline. Shock of all shocks, what we teach them isn't paramount
in their minds all day until we see them next, nevermind what they retain
over the summer!

San D

-