Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] artist issue

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 04:32:10 PDT

This discussion makes me think of the wonderful African-American artist Alma
W. Thomas, who had a full career teaching art in D.C. public school, then
went on to become a great and recognized artist after retirement, in her
60's! (If you aren't familiar w/her artwork, , , I for one am
looking forward to my later years as a time for my art creation to take
center stage.
Lydia in Toledo