Re: [teacherartexchange] artist issue

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 04:32:10 PDT

This discussion makes me think of the wonderful African-American artist Alma
W. Thomas, who had a full career teaching art in D.C. public school, then
went on to become a great and recognized artist after retirement, in her
60's! (If you aren't familiar w/her artwork,
http://www.artgallery.umd.edu/driskell/exhibition/sec5/thom_a_02.htm ,
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9901E4DE1538F93AA15757C0A965948260 ,
http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_AfAm/pages/AfAm_9.shtml) I for one am
looking forward to my later years as a time for my art creation to take
center stage.
Lydia in Toledo