Re: [teacherartexchange] starting an after school art club

---------

From: Chris Lincoln (artloverlincoln_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 10:21:46 PDT

Debbie,

I, too, teach the same grades at a parochial school. I offered a
summer art club this year emphasizing 3D art. It has been a very
successful summer. We used a lot of clay, papier mache, faux batiking
on muslin, tile mosaics and a couple of watercolor pieces. A $25
material fee was charged which ended up being more than enough to
cover my material costs.
My main customers where in the 1-5 graders. It seems that most of my
middle schoolers are involved with either team sports or academic
programs.

Best wishes,

Chris Lincoln
St. Mel School