RE: [teacherartexchange] starting an after school art club

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 07:23:37 PDT

I have run art clubs over the years. Our present art club runs an art
gallery in our high school. Prior art clubs were school community oriented
doing the sets for the plays, and decorating by painting the classroom doors
for donations for the holidays. We also did murals in a local hospital and
travel agency. I have tried not to 'teach' anything that kids could sign up
for (elective program at a highschool), because then they wouldn't sign up
for your classes and you would theoretically be out of job, or if not you
maybe a colleague.

San D