RE: [teacherartexchange] Artists as Teachers-on the other hand....

---------

From: Leslie Miller (zandeerae_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 06:32:38 PDT

I taught in a town that would not give me half a personal day to attend an
international invitational show opening at a NY museum. I had been invited
to show in this august place, and the administration in my town said that
the fact my work was included in this exhibition had nothing to do with
teaching my students, and was not important enough to miss three afternoon
classes and pay for a substitute. This town also, even now, lets few art
teachers attend the national and state conferences.

The children loved that my work was known and shown and sold, but the
administration couldn't have cared less.

Les

Leslie A.Miller
ORIGINAL PAPERCUTS
Midway Studios