Re: [teacherartexchange] drawing on students work

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 14:37:28 PDT

I absolutely refuse to draw on a student's work. I have found that many of
my students want their art to look good without any effort on their part.
They will try to cajole me into doing it for them. Sure, I can "fix" their
drawings, and yes, it may look better when they are finished, but what have
they learned? And how can having someone do it for them boost their
confidence? I use tracing paper when I need to show a student how to do
something, so they can see what it should look like, but still experience
doing it themselves.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids