[teacherartexchange] Two good articles in New York Times (Rousseau - Klimt)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 12:34:18 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Subscription to New York Times is free - good source of current events
for your classroom.

There were recent articles on Gustav Klimt and Henri Rousseau.
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

New Klimt in Town: The Face That Set the Market Buzzing
By MICHAEL KIMMELMAN
Gustav Klimt's portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer, a hallucinatory square
of spectacular gold filigree, is a beautiful gift to the city.

Henri Rousseau: In Imaginary Jungles, a Terrible Beauty Lurks
By ROBERTA SMITH
Find exotic edens, Darwinian struggles and radical strangeness, all
without leaving Paris at the National Gallery of Art.

See what is on the National Gallery site:
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/rousseauinfo.shtm
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2006/rousseau/index.shtm

I know many of you do Klimt and Rousseau lessons - it is worth your
time to take a look.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/