Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Two good articles in New York Times (Rousseau - Klimt)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 12:34:18 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Subscription to New York Times is free - good source of current events
for your classroom.

There were recent articles on Gustav Klimt and Henri Rousseau.

New Klimt in Town: The Face That Set the Market Buzzing
Gustav Klimt's portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer, a hallucinatory square
of spectacular gold filigree, is a beautiful gift to the city.

Henri Rousseau: In Imaginary Jungles, a Terrible Beauty Lurks
Find exotic edens, Darwinian struggles and radical strangeness, all
without leaving Paris at the National Gallery of Art.

See what is on the National Gallery site:

I know many of you do Klimt and Rousseau lessons - it is worth your
time to take a look.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources