[teacherartexchange] K-12 school honors famous muralist

---------

From: Joe D (joe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 08:54:29 PDT

When a teacher at the Ridgefield Elementary School in White Plains, NY
emailed us that they were dedicating a collection of their student's
murals to the late artist Alton S. Tobey, (1914-2005), we visited the
school and conveyed the thanks of the late artist's family for keeping
his memory alive, and local newspapers covered the event. The complete
story can be found at a link at the top of the Alton Tobey home page on
the web at www (dot) altontobey (dot) org.

We know that Tobey was very active in doing a great deal of pro bono
work in the school system in Westchester County, NY teaching mural
painting. Any teachers or students who may have had contact with him are
invited to email us to curator (at) altontobey (dot) org with their
experiences with him, for possible inclusion in his illustrated
biography being published.