Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 14, 2006

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 06:51:23 PDT

First, please delete everything that doesn't pertain to the message. It is
really hard to read e-mails that long. Thanks!

Next, you say [quote]To be honest with you all, I get more frustrated by
the art educators that do not make art. Those are the ones I don't
understand, they can be such phonies. [end quote]. My question is - do you
have children? And if so, do you attend ALL their events? Are you married?
Do you help with the dishes/laundry/vaccuuming/bill paying duties that
generally (not always) end up being the wife's responsibilities? Do you put
equal effort into advancing the "education" part of your career that you do
into the "art" part of it? I guess the part where you called those of us who
have to make times choices for whatever reason AND called my "feathers"
[quote] chicken feathers [end quote] unnecesary and unprofessional. You are
on here showing off your own work- where is your student work? Do you have a
website showing off the educator part of your career? Please be more tactful
when you are sharing your opinions, leave the name calling elsewhere, and
use generaly e-mail etiquette. Thank you, and looking forward to seeing your
student work.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids