Re:[teacherartexchange] Artists as Teachers

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 12:35:13 PDT

Hi all,

Can't help but jump into this one. I believe that art teachers are art
educators. An art educator is someone who represents the entire discipline of
art, not just art studio. In fact, art education is itself its own discipline.
I believe that art educators are not just artists who teach. Rather they are
educators who have a passion for the subject matter of art and are
professionals who can help their students learn about all aspects of art. An
art educator is greater than the collective sum of all the parts of the
discipline of art. They are a unique professional.

So let us all rise above the artist teacher debate and assume a greater paradigm
for who we are.

Cheers,

Diane

--