Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 10, 2006

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 14:30:37 PDT

Thank You Maggie,
        For the many of us who create because we love it and also
teach because we love that too. Perhaps we can instill in our young
students our passion for art. There is more to making art than
making a living doing it. More power to those few who have been
able to earn a few bucks at it as well. It is a very competitive
market out there. I'm trying to grow with my watercolors since I
retired from teaching. I suspect I'll be forever trying to grow.
                                                Woody

On Jul 13, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Maggie White wrote:

> KBENNETT3@woh.rr.com wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I am glad that Staci is a professional art educator. I have
>> taught with those who are artists first and
>> find them to have difficulties with mega egos. To be really honest
>> if they were all that hot they
>> would not be teaching.
> Well, with that "honest" assessment you managed to not only
> reinforce the adage that "Those who
> can, do; those who can't, teach," but you dissed the many
> professional teachers who do practice their craft,
> exhibit, and sell. What is "hot," anyway? An active exhibition
> schedule? Selling regularly? Simply
> producing fine works of art for the sheer joy of it? Many
> professional artists have a deep love of teaching
> and sharing their knowledge, not because they're not-so-hot.
>
> Maggie

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons