Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 10, 2006

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 10:38:27 PDT

KBENNETT3@woh.rr.com wrote:

>Hi
>I am glad that Staci is a professional art educator. I have taught
>with those who are artists first and find them to have difficulties
>with mega egos. To be really honest if they were all that hot they
>would not be teaching.

Well, with that "honest" assessment you managed to not only reinforce
the adage that "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach," but you
dissed the many professional teachers who do practice their craft,
exhibit, and sell. What is "hot," anyway? An active exhibition
schedule? Selling regularly? Simply producing fine works of art for
the sheer joy of it? Many professional artists have a deep love of
teaching and sharing their knowledge, not because they're not-so-hot.

Maggie