Re: [teacherartexchange] fine art + Alzheimers

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 17:54:41 PDT

Ellen,
        Thank you for posting the links to the Alzheimers and Art articles.
As I approach my later years, loss of my memory is my major concern.
For one who suffers from Sometimers now, I don't want it to get worse.
If it happens, perhaps someone will wheel me into a museum so I can
enjoy exposure to beautiful things. Along with beautiful women, wine
and good food - art ranks up there with the best of life.
                                                        Woody

On Jul 12, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Sears, Ellen wrote:

> I heard about a story that was going to be on the nightly news a
> couple
> of weeks ago - then forgot to watch... on Alzheimers and fine art -
> the
> connection. Just remembered to check on it and found this article
> from
> 10/05:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/30/arts/design/30kenn.html?
> ex=1288328400&
> en=64357afcaecded1c&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
>

> I thought this was interesting to:
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11752410/
>

> and here is a link to the news story:
> http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Health/story?id=2146253&page=1&WNT=true