[teacherartexchange] Ceramics and no experience

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2006 - 11:01:28 PDT

Stacie, the fact that they want you to teach ceramics with very little
ceramics experience must say something about your other qualifications which
put you ahead of any other candidates for the job. Perhaps they did not
want someone who was ego-involved in that particular field: they wanted
someone who was open to experience. If I were you, I would not look a gift
horse in the mouth. I would figure on signing up for a ceramics course or
even getting some ceramicist to teach private lessons so you can catch up.

They can read your transcripts so they already know you don't have much
ceramics.
I think that running a kiln is the most daunting part of the job. However,
there are kiln manufacturers who might be willing to send a person out to
tell you how to run it.

Jean Womack