Re: [teacherartexchange] Giving Grades

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2006 - 19:53:37 PDT

I understand your rationale for using NCLB to justify the use of grades.
However, I think it might be best to come up with a "real" reason for using
grades, not just a rationale that might satisfy the powers that be. Having
said that, return to your reasons for considering giving grades in the first
place...are you sure giving grades would correct the perceived problem?
Identify what the "real" problem is...then identify possible solutions, of
which giving grades might be one possible solution. Coming up with a
comprehensive plan and rationale may help you to resolve an underlying problem
that may exist.