Re: [teacherartexchange] ceramics and no experience.

---------

From: Barb Felsecker (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 15:35:23 PDT

And,is anyone overlooking the fact that Stacie hasn't had any experience
with the high school grade level-not even practice teaching at that level?
High school students are a whole different breed from elementary and middle
school. Each age group has its own characteristics (both positive and
negative) obviously, but Stacie, you had many discipline problems, if I
recall. If you are willing to go through another year similar to what
you've had this past year with older, more savy pupils, plus learning all
what you need to know about the subject you are hired to teach in a few
short weeks,...then go for it. I hate to be negative, but you may be biting
off more than you can chew. High school students can sense if you're in
over your head and many of them will go for the jugular. Sorry to be so
blunt, but that is my opinion and,.... you did ask.