Re: [teacherartexchange] ceramics and no experience.

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 15:10:09 PDT

I'm sorry, but I know potters who have spent many years learning their craft and
being comfortable knowing how to teach it and dare I say that they would be
offended to hear this. You can learn to teach low fire quick and dirty, maybe
even mid-range, but high fire is quite different and if this school happens to
have a good enough ceramics program to have a gas kiln (as our high schools
do), it requires expertise.

Linda
(former clay teacher--low/mid fire and I know my limitations)